It has been confirmed by the Vancouver Police Department, via Twitter, that Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in his hotel room from an apparent drug overdose.
The news first surfaced late last night, July 13, on Twitter where rumors were going around that Monteith had overdosed. It wasn’t until 10:30pm Vancouver time that the VPD confirmed that it was indeed Monteith that died. The Hollywood Reporter has also confirmed the star’s death.
Monteith has been the star of Glee for the past four seasons and recently took on a bigger role on the show during the fourth season.
He was 31.